Goals and Objectives:
- Maintaining a 98% work order completion rate for more than seven years, the Dare County Schools Facilities and Maintenance Department has done it again this year. Staff worked throughout the summer months to have major projects that can't be done during the year, completed before school started.
- The focus is on supporting the needs of Dare County's staff and students.
- A dedicated staff of 10 persons maintains over 1.2 million square feet of space at 10 schools and two office buildings. Responsibilities also include upkeep of 132 acres of grounds. This multitalented group provides support to Dare County Schools every day. Their work can be seen all over the district and has drawn praise and appreciation from both staff and students.
Teacher Housing Units
Dare County Schools is pleased to offer teachers and school leaders the opportunity to live in one of our state of the art housing units. We know that convenience and affordability are important to our teachers. As a result, we offer affordable units in both Kill Devil Hills and Cape Hatteras. If you are interested in learning more, contact our Director of Facilities, Ian Adams.
- Asbestos Report
- Use of School Facilities - Board Policy 5035
- Regulation 5035-R1: Use of School Facilities
- Regulation 5035-R2: Application for Use of School Facilities
- Regulation 5035-R3: Use of Sound and Lighting Systems
- Facility Use Form
- Facility Use Rider
- Final Public Notice: FEMA Public Assistance