The vision of the Dare County Schools Exceptional Children's Department is to prepare our students with the education and skills they will need to live independently and be successful in college or a career.
We are committed to providing a free appropriate education designed to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities. The Exceptional Children's Program will provide the support and related services necessary to implement the educational program and assure that students' and parents' rights are followed in this process.
- Dare County Schools EC Resource Site
- Parent Rights and Responsibilities in Special Education
- Derechos y Responsabilidades de los Padres de Familia en Educacion Especial
- NC Policies Governing Services for Children with Disabilities
- North Carolina Child Find Brochure
- DCS Receives Grant for the Outer Banks Community Foundation