Register for School
Your Child's Journey in Dare County Schools Starts Here.
Thank you for your interest in Dare County Schools!
Please view the information below regarding our process for enrollment. If you have any questions, please contact the school directly.
Each school in Dare County provides an engaging and rigorous learning community. We encourage you to explore this website to learn more!
- Step One: Complete the Online Pre-Registration Form
- Step Two: Schedule an Appointment at the School
- Step Three: Compile the Necessary Documents for Your Appointment
- Step Four: Attend Your Scheduled Appointment at the School
After you complete the pre-registration form, you are ready to schedule a visit at your child's school. The school data manager can assist you during your visit.
Click here for information to help you determine your school attendance zone.
|Cape Hatteras Secondary School||Beth Rooks||(252) 955-5730|
|Cape Hatteras Elementary School||Sherry Couch||(252) 995-6196|
|Dare County Alternative School||L'Tanya Murray||(252) 473-3141|
|First Flight High School||Tim Albert||(252) 449-7000|
|First Flight Middle School||Diane Childress||(252) 441-8888|
|First Flight Elementary School||Drew Sawyer||(252) 441-1111|
|Kitty Hawk Elementary School||Greg Florence||(252) 261-2313|
|Manteo High School||John Luciano||(252) 473-5841|
|Manteo Middle School||Michael Sasscer||(252) 473-5549|
|Manteo Elementary School||Steve Blackstock||(252) 473-2742|
|Nags Head Elementary School||Adrienne Palma||(252) 480-8880|
After scheduling a visit to your child's new school, prepare and compile the paperwork that will be necessary during your visit.
Required for Registration:
- Up-to-Date Required Immunizations
- Health Assessment Form
- A certified copy of the student's birth certificate.
- Proof of residence of parent(s) (or court-appointed guardian) include driver's licenses with current address, voter registration card, or NC DMV ID. For questions relating to guardianship, please speak with the school principal.
- In addition to a driver's license, we will also accept a utility bill, a copy of rental agreement or affidavit for proof of residency.
- If arriving from another school system, a copy of the child's latest report card (elementary and middle school) or transcript(high school) and the previous year's achievement test results are helpful. If bringing the child's records is a problem, the new school will contact the child's previous school and request the records.
Parents whose children do not have a regular physician can obtain health assessments and immunizations through the Dare County Department of Public Health (475-5003).