Middle School Education
Middle School is Both a Transition and a Bridge.
Our middle schools build on the student-centered learning environments that are fostered in elementary school. Students in 6th through 8th grade develop skills of resilience and academic commitment as they face new challenges inside and outside of the classroom. Students learn to navigate the new level of independence and autonomy that middle school provides.
Relationships Come First in Our Schools.
Our teachers work together to ensure that all of our students find a place in our schools. Here's how:
- There is a place here for everyone.
- Friendships are forged that can last a lifetime.
- Students receive instruction by highly-trained faculty who engage in professional development opportunities to stay abreast of best practice and teaching methodologies and pedagogy through national and local workshops.
- We have a challenging academic program with core classes in the areas of Humanities Language Arts, Math, Science, History and Social Studies.
- Tutoring and academic support available at the student's request.
- Science, technology and engineering courses available.
Secondary School Director
(252) 480-8888 extension: 1944
(252) 480-8888 extension: 1904
Buxton, N.C. 27920
Phone: (252) 995-5730
Fax: (252) 995-6161
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Phone: (252) 441-8888
Manteo, N.C. 27954
Phone: (252) 473-5549