Curriculum and Instruction
Services Provided and Department Mission
The Curriculum and Instruction Department in Dare County Schools support the schools in the implementation of the district's curriculum plan. Our goal is to use continuous improvement to ensure that all of our students experience a rigorous learning environment.
The mission of the Curriculum and Instruction Department is to maintain effective partnerships for building capacity in schools to improve teaching and learning.
As a department we provide the following:
- Support, coaching and feedback to principals, teachers, and schools.
- Development of support guides for teachers and parents.
- Identification and promotion of teaching best practices.
- Identification of instructional materials and supplies.
- Professional development for teachers and school leaders.
- North Carolina Standard Course of Study
- North Carolina Common Core State Standards
- Secondary Schools Program of Study for 2019-2020 (English)
- Secondary Schools Program of Study for 2019-2020 (Spanish)
- Language Arts and Math Standards Overview K-12
- Code of Student Conduct 2019-2020 (English Version)
- Code of Student Conduct 2019-2020 (Spanish Version)