Student Meal Program
About the Student Meal Program
The United States Department of Agriculture has extended the waiver granted to North Carolina Public Schools to allow schools to continue participating in the Summer Nutrition Program through the end of the 2020-21 school year. This means that every child 18 years or younger that lives in Dare County will be eligible to receive a meal at no cost from any of the following meal sites.
Meals will continue to be provided at the sites below on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week. Meals are sanitized and packed for easy pickup at designated school locations. We will continue to provide meals at no cost to students enrolled in Dare County Schools during this time.
Meals can be picked up at the sites below Mondays through Fridays each week at the locations below. Weekend meals will be provided on Fridays.
Our Meal Program resumes on Wednesday, November 18.
Main Site Locations:
- Cape Hatteras Elementary, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Manteo Elementary, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- First Flight High, 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Meal Distribution at COMMUNITY LOCATIONS via Yellow School Buses:
- Wanchese, Bethany United Methodist Church
- Manteo, Roanoke Community Center (Head Start)
- Stumpy Point, Community Center
- Manns Harbor, parking lot beside Fire Department
- East Lake, South Lake Drive
- Nags Head, Tanger Outlet
- Nags Head, Dowdy Park
- Kill Devil Hills, Belk Center
- Kitty Hawk, Daniels Homeport
- Kitty Hawk Elementary
- Colington, TJ's Gas & Grill
- Avon, 40591 NC Hwy 12 (Parking lot beside Burger Burger)
- Tri-Villages, Community Building
- Buxton, Cape Hatteras Elementary
- Hatteras Village Civic Center
- Frisco, Heritage of Faith Church
Dare County School Nutrition Services are committed to keep our children well-nourished during these difficult times.
Contact School Nutrition Director, Kelleta Govan with questions and for more information.
Subscribe to our online calendar and the lunch menu will appear in your calendar app. Add the following iCal link to your calendar app:
Click here to copy the link that will add the lunch menu to your calendar app (Supported calendars: Google Calendar, iCal, Outlook Calendar).