Middle School Remote Learning Information
General Information for Families and Students
Our goal is to utilize technology through online learning to prevent academic slide for students in grades 6-8. Parents and students are encouraged to contact their teacher for more specific information. Teacher contact information is listed below by school.
General Expectations for Middle School Students
- Assignments will be sent to students through the teacher’s chosen Learning Management System (Google Classroom, Canvas, etc). Deadlines will be sent by the teacher.
- Students should monitor their DCS email account daily. This will be the primary method used by teachers to communicate with students.
- Teachers will not take daily student attendance.
- Teachers will evaluate student participation, work completion, and progress.
- Teachers will hold office hours each day. During this time, families and students can contact the teacher to get help and support on assignments. Teachers can determine their office hours. These times are listed in the Teacher Contact Information documents below.
- If families or students experience problems with technology, they can contact the DCS Technology Department for help. Email email@example.com, Call 252-480-8888 ext. 1905: Leave a return phone number, any other ways IT can contact, and a description of the problem.