Elementary School Remote Learning Information
General Information for Families and Students
Our goal is to utilize technology through online learning to prevent academic slide for students in grades K-5. Parents and students are encouraged to contact their teacher for more specific information. Teacher contact information is listed below by school.
General Expectations for Elementary School Students
- Students in Grades K - 2: Weekly checklists will be sent home to families electronically for students to complete by Friday, or teacher communicated deadline.
- Students in Grades 3 - 5: Weekly checklists or Learning Management System will used to distribute student work with a Friday completion goal, or teacher communicated deadline.
- Teachers will not take daily student attendance.
- Teachers will evaluate student participation, work completion, and progress.
- Teachers will hold office hours each day. During this time, families and students can contact the teacher to get help and support on assignments. Teachers can determine their office hours. These times are listed in the Teacher Contact Information documents below.
- If families or students experience problems with technology, they can contact the DCS Technology Department for help. Email email@example.com, Call 252-480-8888 ext. 1905: Leave a return phone number, any other ways IT can contact, and a description of the problem.
Cape Hatteras Elementary School
Kitty Hawk Elementary School
Manteo Elementary School
Mary Anne Wetzel | Interim Principal
Shannon Castillo | Assistant Principal
Elizabeth Kenan | Assistant Principal