COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information and Resources
Board of Education Votes to Stay on Remote Learning through March 18
At the February 9 meeting, the Dare County Board of Education voted unanimously to reopen schools starting on Monday, March 1, 2021. The Board approved the following instructional program recommendations to begin on 3/1:
- PreK-5: 4 Days a Week Hybrid: Students attend face to face (F2F) Monday- Thursday each week. Friday is an asynchronous learning day for all.
- 6th-12th: 2 Days a Week Hybrid: Cohort A (half the alphabet) attends Monday/Tuesday and is remote Wednesday/Thursday. Cohort B (the other half of the alphabet) attends Wednesday/Thursday and is remote Monday/Tuesday. Friday is an asynchronous learning day for all.
- Virtual Learning remains an option for all students K-12 for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year.
- Dr. Farrelly's presentation at the February 9 Board of Education Meeting.
- Released calendars for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years.
- School Contact Information