COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information and Resources
Updates from the September 1 Board of Education Meeting
The Dare County Board of Education met on September 1 in a special called meeting to review operational procedures for the 2021 school year.
A summary of the decisions approved by the Board of Education:
- Require masks indoors in all Dare County School facilities. This is effective Thursday, September 2, 2021. Anyone who enters a school district facility must wear a face mask.
- The Board voted to allow a virtual learning change of status up to Monday, September 6 at 5:00 pm. The change status will remain for the entire first semester. An email will be sent to all parents/guardians tomorrow morning. The email will include a link where you can go into PowerSchool and either (A.) Request that your student comes out of virtual or (B.) Goes into the virtual program.
- DCS will limit nonessential visitors as determined by the lead administrator of the facility.
- DCS will provide a link on it's COVID-19 page to the Dare County Department of Health and Human Services.
- Dr. Farrelly's Presentation from the September 1 Meeting
- The Strong Schools NC Public Health Toolkit
- Released calendars for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years.
- School Contact Information