COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information and Resources
Board of Education Votes for 6-12 Students to Return on Plan A
The Board of Education met on April 1 in a special called meeting and voted 6-1 to transition students in grades PreK-12 to Plan A. This provides all students in DCS the option of attending school 4 days a week for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year. The Board approved the following instructional program recommendations to begin on April 12 (presentation attached):
Updates to the DCS instructional program:
- PreK-5: no change, remains 4 days a week face-to-face (F2F), Friday is an asynchronous learning day for all.
- 6-12: 4 days a week F2F, Friday is an asynchronous learning day for all.
- Virtual Learning remains an option for all students K-12 for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year.
- For families that wish to enroll or unenroll in virtual learning, they should complete the Virtual Learning Status Change Form (6-12) by logging into Powerschool. The form is available now, and the deadline is April 7 by 5:00pm.
- April 12 will become a teacher workday for all middle and high schools. This will provide 6-12 teachers the needed time to prepare for the transition to Plan A. Elementary schools will remain on a normal schedule for students on April 12.
Daily Health Attestation and Temperature Checks:
We will continue our daily health screening text/email process. Please respond to the 3 required questions on a daily basis by 7:15 am (before students are on campus). To fill out a preference request, you will need to login to your PowerSchool Parent Portal. We will continue to use our thermal temperature units to take the temperature of all students and staff members when they enter our schools.
Daily Student Reminders:
- As a reminder, everyone above the age of 5 is expected to wear a cloth face covering on all DCS buses and in school facilities (unless there is an exemption). Outside mask breaks will be provided at different points in the day and while students eat breakfast and lunch.
- Please remind your children to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer during the day. Teachers will remind students frequently.
- Social distancing will be emphasized throughout the day.
- All meals are free for the remainder of the year to all students (F2F and virtual). Students attending F2F may eat breakfast and lunch at school.
- Curbside meals will be available for free for virtual and remote student families on Mon/Wed/Fri. Curbside locations are CHSS, MMS, and FFHS from 11:00 -12:30. Friday free meal distribution will be available to all students at various locations throughout the county from 11:00-12:30. Please refer to our website for those meal distribution sites.
- Dr. Farrelly's presentation at the April 1 Board of Education Meeting
- Released calendars for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years.
- School Contact Information