COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information and Resources
Board of Education Votes to Return to Remote Learning
The Board of Education met on Friday, November 13 in an Emergency Meeting and voted 6-1 to return to remote learning.
After careful consideration in how to best move forward, please note the following:
- K-5 students who are currently in the virtual school will remain with their current virtual teacher.
- K-5 students who have returned to the traditional face to face delivery will remain with their current teacher.
- Preschool students will be served remotely.
- All 6-12 students will return to their original teacher, this includes virtual school students.
- Students who are in our 10 extended content classrooms will be served at school full time.
- The DCS feeding program will resume using the original multi-site model we used last spring (about 15 locations). We will announce more details regarding this program on Monday.
- Middle and High School athletics will continue as will afterschool clubs and activities such as band.
- We have updated the DCS Remote Learning Guidebook to include helpful information for students and families.
- All schools will distribute technology devices and wifi hotspots as needed on Monday and Tuesday. Principals will communicate distribution times to parents.
- The health screening app will remain in place for all staff and students being served in our extended content classrooms as well as those who are participating in afterschool activities. We will pause the platform for all other students.
- Changes back to original classes in PowerSchool will appear on Wednesday for parents.
- Dr. Farrelly's Presentation to the Board of Education onNovember 13, 2020
- Revised Calendar
- School Contact Information