Close Menu Element

Mobile Search Element

Mobile Portals

School Name

Left Header

Top Portals

Right Header

Check This Out!

Keith Parker

Dear Families,

You may be eligible for free or reduced-priced school meals.

An application can be completed and submitted anytime during the school year.  If there is any change in income, job loss, additional household members added, etc.  

Households financially impacted by the current partial government shutdown may apply for free and reduced-priced meal benefits using current income data which reflects a loss of income.  You are encouraged to complete a Free and Reduced Priced Meal application.  Click here to download a paper application (English) (Spanish)  Parents are also encouraged to contact Liz Leavell at 252-480-8888, extension: 1920, for more information.  

If a household is approved for meal benefits, the benefits are effective for the rest of the school year and extend into the first 30 days of the following school year. 


USDA Non-Discrimination Statement 

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
                   Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
                   1400 Independence Avenue, SW
                   Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3)      email:

Dare County Schools is an equal opportunity provider.