Dare County Schools online registration portal is open to new students for the 2023-2024 school year. If your child will turn five on or before August 31, 2023, you can now register your child for Kindergarten.
To make the process as smooth as possible, follow these registration tips:
- Allow for 30 minutes or more to complete the process
- Make sure you have reliable Internet access
- Use a laptop or desktop computer. It is possible to complete registration on a cell phone, however, it is not recommended.
After completing the online registration process, remember you will still need to send in copies of required documents to your child's elementary school. Students will not be officially enrolled until these documents are received. The required documents are:
- Copy of your child's official birth certificate
- Proof of Residency (i.e. a copy of your driver's license, utility bill in your name)
- Completed North Carolina Physical Form (including immunization record)
Upcoming Kindergarten Kick-Off Events
To assist with online registration and learn more about what to expect in Kindergarten, parents are invited to attend a Kindergarten Kick-Off event for their child's future elementary school. If you are unsure which elementary school your child will attend, please view our attendance zone page for more information. Don't miss it!
- Nags Head Elementary School - April 25, 2023 between 5:00 - 6:30pm
- Cape Hatteras Elementary School - May 2, 2023 between 5:00 - 6:30pm
- First Flight Elementary School - May 9, 2023 between 5:00 - 6:30pm
- Kitty Hawk Elementary School - May 16, 2023 between 5:00 - 6:30pm
- Manteo Elementary School - May 23, 2023 between 5:00 - 6:30pm