Dare County Schools has created a new Cape Hatteras Schools calendar and revised the calendar for all other schools North of Oregon Inlet.
A summary of the changes are as follows:
- We have identified days that were missed (4) in September due to Hurricane Dorian (September 4, 5, 6 and 9).
- We have added 4 optional teacher workdays to the end of the school year (Following calendar law). Those days are June 15,16, 17 and 18.
The rest of the calendar is intact including parent/teacher conference day on November 1. We are still significantly above our instructional hour requirement by the state and thus we will not make up any further days at this point in time. That is subject to change based on what the winter season brings us.
- We have identified days that were missed (5) in September at CHES due to Hurricane Dorian (September 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10).
- We have identified days that were missed (8) in September at CHSS due to Hurricane Dorian (September 4,5,6, 9,10,11,12 and 13).
- We have identified October 11 for both Hatteras Schools as a missed day due to coastal flooding.
- November 1 is now a school day (previously a parent/teacher conference day).
- January 24 is now a full school day (previously a half-day)
- January 27 is now a school day (previously an optional teacher workday).
- We have added 6 optional teacher workdays for CHES at the end of the school year.
- We have added 9 additional optional teacher workdays for CHSS at the end of the school year.
*These shifts will help add needed instructional hours and keep our schools within the instructional hour's requirement.