Dare County Schools 2016-2017 Employees of the Year
Dare County Schools held its celebration for the district's classified employees of the year on Thursday, February 9th at Pamlico Jack's in Nags Head. The dinner was supported by the Board of Education with Pierce Group Benefits and sponsored by Ace Hardware stores of the Outer Banks. Employees of the year are site-selected, and recognize individuals who exhibit dependability and dedication, produce an outstanding quality of work, and make unique contributions to the mission of Dare County Schools.
Dare County Schools 2016-2017 Employees of the Year:
- Jennifer Augustson, Cape Hatteras Elementary School;
- April Webster, Cape Hatteras Secondary School of Coastal Studies;
- Whitney Waddington, First Flight Elementary School;
- Elizabeth Guardado, First Flight Middle School;
- Debbie Mitchell, First Flight High School;
- Terri Creef, Manteo Elementary School;
- Anna Sampson, Manteo Middle School;
- Connie Francis, Manteo High School;
- Pat Hamilton, Kitty Hawk Elementary School;
- Ginny Twiford, Nags Head Elementary School;
- Marion Walker, After-School Enrichment Program;
- Missy Braddy, Central Office
- Barbara Fullam, Maintenance;
- Nora Simpson, School Nutrition;
- and Tom Sullivan, Transportation.
Director of Human Resources, Dr. John Donlan, together with staff, organized the dinner which was attended by Board of Education Chair Bea Basnight and Vice-Chair Margaret Lawler, and Board members Ben Sproul, Joe Tauber, and David Twiddy, with Superintendent of Schools Dr. Sue Burgess, Chief Operating Officer Trip Hobbs, and Chief Academic Officer Margie Parker.
Additionally, school principals and department heads were there to talk about each employee's significant contribution to Dare County Schools' mission.
Contribute to Mission - Educate Every Child
Dare County Schools Employees of the Year, all from left, beginning at the top - Tom Sullivan, representing Transportation; First Flight Middle School Elizabeth Guardado; Manteo Middle School, Anna Sampson; Central Office, Missy Braddy; Cape Hatteras Secondary, April Webster; Manteo Elementary, Terri Creef; Kitty Hawk Elementary School, Pat Hamilton; Maintenance, Barbara Fullam; Manteo High School, Connie Francis; School Nutrition, Nora Simpson; Nags Head Elementary, Ginny Twiford; First Flight Elementary, Whitney Waddington; Cape Hatteras Elementary, Jennifer Augustson; and First Flight High School, Debbie Mitchell. To be recognized as an employee of the year means that one has exhibited dependability and dedication, produced an outstanding quality of work, and made unique contributions to the mission of Dare County Schools.